Friends have described me as “Dynamic,” “Versatile,” ‘Lively,” “Intense,” “Funny,” “Gifted,” “Crazy” and “Determined”. When I began, my first character was a truck named “Chevy;” I was hooked! Next thing I knew I was voicing several projects over a four-year period for the United Methodist Organization. Soon after that I landed my first sound-alike with Veggie Tales as “Jimmy the Gourd.”
Soon after I partnered with a fellow voice actor and began a two year stint of voicing, writing and producing commercial ads. They appeared in Maryland, Georgia, California and Oklahoma.
Very soon after, I auditioned for the highly successful children’s audiobook company, MeeGenius.com, and have narrated over 130 children’s books, creating the voices of everything from toucans to polar bears.The MeeGenius.com connection led me to become a published children’s author and I have written five children’s Sing-Along Books.
From then on, I’ve never looked back. During that period, I was chosen to read for five characters in a mature animated teaser called “The Wannabeez” and studied in Chicago with Daytime Emmy Award-Winning Voice Actor/Director Stevie Vallance and in L.A. with Animation Director/Actor/coach Charlie Adler. Currently, I finished voicing 7 characters for a stop-motion animator/illustrator, Adam Taylor, called “The Heaver”.
I’m grabbing a handful of voice acting and not letting go. Let me show you how I can help you with your project
Voice Acting Experience and Training:
- “Jingle Producer” for the TV series (episode #408) “Nashville, titled “Unguarded Moments”.
- Narrator on “Searching for Jesus” by Robert J. Hutchinson (audiobook), for Thomas Nelson Publishing.
- Narrator for two books by author Sara Young: “Jesus Lives’ and “Jesus Today” from Thomas Nelson Publishing.
- Staff narrator for MeeGenius.com, a children’s audiobook website
- Author of five Sing-Along Song Books for children
- ACX narrator for children’s audiobooks: “Teddy Bear Town Children’s Bundle” by Stacy Juba, “Krampusnacht” by Everett Bell, and “Black Water Bayou” by Monique O’Conner James
- Voiced five characters for a new animated sizzle reel “The Wannabeez”
- Animation Acting Intensive at “Tooned-In” Animation Workship with Stevie Vallance
- Improv training at Improv Olympic (iO) in Chicago with Charna Halpern
- Sound-alike for “Jimmy the Gourd” of Veggie Tales in “Very Veggie Christmas”
- Voiced four characters used for the Methodist Vacation Bible School
Pixie and Dixie
Vocal Singing (Classical, Folk, Pop, Broadway), Guitar (Classical, Acoustic, 12 String, Electric), Harmonica (Blues),
Drums (Trap, Congas), Piano (Keyboards),
Bass (Electric), Dulcimer, Hammer Dulcimer, Toy Accordian
Audio Recording Software (Cubase Elements 6), Skateboard, Water Ski, Motorcycle, Personal Water Crafts, Snow Ski, Ice Skate, Dance (Fast learner, Scottish Dance and I have a Kilt), Volleyball, Swim (Back, Freestyle, Breast, Lifesaving), Baseball, Basketball, Football, Badminton, Tennis, Racquetball, Soccer, and Table Tennis